Product Stewardship Panel at Australasian Waste & Recycling Expo 22 November 2012
The Global Product Stewardship Council is pleased to be partnering with the Australasian Waste & Recycling Expo (AWRE) to hold a panel discussion on product stewardship implementation. The panel has now sold out prior to the event.
The panel will help attendees understand some of the opportunities and challenges of product stewardship, with particular emphasis on Australia’s new TV and computer recycling scheme.
The AWRE is taking place 21 and 22 November at the Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre, Darling Harbour.
The product stewardship panel discussion will take place on 22 November from 3:10 to 4:30 pm. Confirmed speakers include:
- Steve Rust, Managing Director of Panasonic Australia Pty Ltd;
- Peter Brisbane, Director, Television and Computer Regulator Team for the Australian Government’s Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities;
- Carmel Dollisson, General Manager of Australia and New Zealand Recycling Platform Limited; and
- Peter Bruce, Director – Service Parts Logistics, Australia for DHL Supply Chain.
The GlobalPSC will be facilitating the panel.
Steve will provide a large manufacturer’s perspective, including the importance of ensuring that the scheme works properly and the importance of being able to demonstrate responsible recycling of products. Carmel and Bruce will provide the perspective of approved arrangements responsible for delivering key outcomes of the scheme and the issues they face in doing so.
A facilitated panel discussion will follow short presentations by the expert panel members. These key TV& computer scheme participants will provide the opportunity to answer questions such as:
- What issues are critical to successful implementation of the scheme?
- What is the business case for product stewardship?
- How could local governments miss out on product stewardship and what can they do to not miss out?
The AWRE is the largest and most highly attended waste and recycling trade show in Australia. Now in its third year, the AWRE offers everyone in the industry an opportunity to showcase innovation, network with key waste & recycling decision makers from industry and government and attend high quality practical waste & recycling management seminars and workshops on key topics.
AWRE registration is free for all industry professionals.